Coconut Chicken with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Okay, coconut chicken lovers – this is your recipe. So, stop what you’re doing, head to the grocery store (or raid your pantry) and make this Coconut Chicken with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette tonight. It’s that good, promise. Assuming you like coconut chicken, of course, but if you don’t, then we might just need to talk. Really, what’s not to love?
This is, hands down, a favorite recipe at our house – adults and kids alike. It’s great as appetizer when entertaining, or makes a complete meal when paired with veggies and salad greens. Plus its low carb and healthy, too. Enjoy!
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. panko crumbs
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, whisked or yogurt for dipping (totally optional - see notes)
- coconut oil spray
- 6 c. mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (balsamic would work too)
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg or yogurt in another bowl.
- Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg or spray with coconut oil, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Lightly spray with coconut oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Assemble salads on each plate: Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens.
- My daughter is severely allergic to eggs, and while they're great in the recipe, they're completely optional. I dredge her chicken in coconut yogurt or simply spray with coconut oil before dipping in the panko crumb mix, to help it adhere to the meat, and it works great. For the rest of the family, I use the egg wash. Both ways turn out delicious, so do whatever works for you. Enjoy!