My friend Hannah makes incredible coconut macaroons. They’re light, fluffy and beautiful. Topped with an almond and drizzled in chocolate, they look like they come from a fancy bakery. They are ALMOST too beautiful to eat… but as gorgeous as they look, they’re even more delicious. Seriously yummy.
Needless to say, I was inspired to make some. But, the classic recipe calls for egg whites to bind everything together, which isn’t an option for us. So, I went to work to find an allergy friendly version… without eggs and without dairy.
This Allergy-Friendly Macaroon Recipe is delicious, bite-size goodness. They’re perfect party food, great for a special celebration or the holidays. Enjoy!
- 2 c. shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
- 2 T. coconut yogurt (I used vanilla)
- 3 tsp. coconut milk
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c. dairy free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life) for the drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients - except chocolate chips - in food processor. Process / pulse until all ingredients are incorporated and 'sticky' - about 1 minute total.
- Use a cookie scoop to compact and shape dough into balls, and transfer to parchment line cookie sheet. (Dough will be fragile - compact and shape it with your hands if needed.)
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Drizzle or dollop with melted chocolate chips
- If you can tolerate almonds, pop a beautiful almond on the top with the chocolate. Otherwise, a sprinkle of coconut gives these macaroons a nice, finished look