What’s better than a savory, one-skillet meal? I love the ease of skillets, and this Kielbasa Potato Hash with Veggies is a keeper (at least at our house, and I hope you love it, too!) Smokey, savory kielbasa sausage. Potatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spinach. An awesome, tangy mustard sauce. This one-skillet hash feels both sinful and healthy at the same time.
This could easily be changed, to whatever you like… add veggies you have on hand (carrots might be good), swap sweet potatoes for white, omit the mushrooms if that isn’t your thing. I’d love to hear how you make it your own.
AF PRODUCT TIP: Finding allergy-friendly Kielbasa can be tricky. Many brands contain soy; it’s a cheap protein source and meat extender. One soy-free brand I’ve found, so far, is Oscar Mayer Selects Naturals Uncured Beef Kielbasa. (This isn’t a sponsored post, I just like to share allergy-friendly products when I find one. Allergy families have to stick together. We already spend what feels like Y-E-A-R-S O-F O-U-R L-I-V-E-S in the grocery store aisle – scouring product labels, so hopefully this saves you some time… here’s the package you’re looking for at the store. And, if you know about other soy-free brands, please share them.
- 1 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 4 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 ring kielbasa sausage, cut into pieces. (I cut into 1" rings, then into quarters)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper, chopped (red, orange or green)
- Handful of fresh mushrooms (about 6) sliced
- 2 c. frozen chopped spinach (use chopped/ loose, not the package that's squeezed into a square.)
- 1 T. EVOO
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, and when oil is hot, add potatoes. Cook until browned on all sides.
- In the same skillet with the potatoes, add kielbasa and remaining veggies. Drizzle the sauce over the top and stir well to coat.
- Cook uncovered, over medium heat, until heated through (stir occasionally) and peppers are crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.