Oatmeal Energy Bites without Peanut Butter
Are your kids like mine… hungry. all. the. time!?! If so, Oatmeal Energy Bites might be your new go-to snack! They’re high in protein, fiber, and healthy fat to help keep hunger pangs at bay, for a little while, at least. You’ll love them because…
They’re packed with healthy ingredients like sunbutter, oatmeal, flax and chia seeds.
A few sweets like honey, vanilla and chocolate chips (or raisins) make them taste irresistible!
They’re great for school, or on the go... and they’ll even pitch hit for breakfast in a pinch, too. (Oatmeal is a breakfast food, right?)
The kids gobble them up. Do yourself and kids a favor…. make a double batch!
- 1 c. dry, old fashioned oatmeal
- 2/3 c. coconut flakes
- 1/2 c. sunbutter
- 1/2 c. ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips (or sub raisins)
- 1/4 c. raw honey
- 1 T. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. (This is optional, the dough is sticky, but definitely rollable if you're in a hurry.)
- Roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter, I use a cookie scoop.)
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
This recipe was inspired by Gimme Some Oven.